One-Pole Parachute Tepee
You need material for a canopy, stakes, a stout center pole, paracord rope, and an inner core and needle to construct this tepee.
To make this tepee:
- Select a shelter site and scribe a circle about 4 meters (13 feet) in diameter on the ground.
- Attach lines around the perimeter of the canopy material.
- Stake the canopy material to the ground.
- After deciding where to place the shelter door, place a stake and tie the canopy securely to it.
- Stretch the material taut to the next line, emplace a stake on the scribed line, and tie the line to it.
- Continue the staking process until you have tied all the lines.
- Loosely attach the top of the material to the center pole with a suspension line and, through trial and error, determine the point at which the material will be pulled tight once the center pole is upright.
- Securely attach the material to the pole.
- Sew the ends of the material together leaving 1 to 1.2 meters (3 to 4 feet) for a door.